How do I ask the Court to exclude me from the Class?

If you meet the class definition in this notice, you have to decide whether to stay in the Class or ask to be excluded before the trial, and you have to decide this by May 24, 2022.

To ask to be excluded, you must send an "Exclusion Request" in the form of a letter sent by mail stating that you want to be excluded from Robinson v. Des Moines Public Schools. Be sure to include your name and address, and sign the letter. You must mail your Exclusion Request postmarked by May 24, 2022 to: Polk County Clerk of Court, 500 Mulberry St. Room 212, Des Moines, IA 50309. You may also get an Exclusion Request form here.  

« Back